Is there something particularly special about the holiday for you?
There are so many different forms of holiday activities that I was wondering … what is Christmas to you?
My neighbor is busily getting ready for a flight, off to visit people far away. I see how important people are to her at holiday time.
My son made mounds of cookies; mixing, baking, decorating, and delivering pretty packages to family and friends for Christmas delight!
I stayed up until 1 o’clock in the morning, helping Santa prepare with stockings, special treats, and wrapping the last-minute presents. Some boxes were filled with nothingness, my partner’s favorite gift!
Whatever it is that you are doing today, maybe for someone else … and a little something for you, let it be filled with joy, peace, and love.
What is Your Christmas?
Take a moment, inside feel awed by the memory of a special and joyful experience. Here are some ways.
- Remember people and call them up and simply say, “I was thinking of you.”
- Look up recipes and imagine the flavors. (Maybe even make a yummy one.)
- Listen to bells, singing, or sing yourself, “Fa La La La La … Jingle Bells … Oh come, All Ye Faithful …”
- Touch the puppies, kittens, let the bird sit on your hand, stroke the lizard, and hug the people.
- Walk into a place with holiday aromas and breathe. Ahhh
May you have a Happy Holiday and a Merry Christmas!